Friday, October 10, 2008

A Few Words About my Hot Peppers

Time for my Hot Pepper Harvest. Actually, this is an ongoing process from usually mid August til a good hard killing frost...maybe soon as 22 oct this year.. We are sposed to get some frost around 16 October though. I will just cover up the plants and spray them with water around 5 am when needed. This extends the season a bit for me. This gives me time to work more as the peppers ripen.
This is something I have been doing for a few years now, and the past three years or so, I have put out at least 200 plants per year.
This was a poor year for my peppers for several reasons. So, I did not have as many varities and not as many period...but still a repectful harvest. I made up two bottles today. I am not sure of the results as the sauce takes a few days
to cure and get hot.
As I get around to it, I will try to describe some of the kinds I am growing and how I grow them. One of my favorite sayings...."you get used to it" applies to hot peppers quite well for me... .

No comments: